Crime Jazz: Music In The First Degree
Rhino R2 72912
The years between 1950 and 1965 are regarded as the "golden age" of crime jazz. This Rhino CD is a compilation of jazz themes and mood music from that era.
Includes a 16-page booklet with background info on each tune.
1. The Wild One - Shorty Rogers & Orchestra
2. Frankie Machine - Elmer Bernstein & Orch. (from "Man With the Golden Arm")
3. Staccato's Theme - Buddy Morrow & Orch.
Stool Pigeon - Irving Joseph
5. Touch of Evil - Joseph Gershenson & U-I Orch.
6. Harold's Way - David Amram (from "The Young Savages")
7. Cool - Stan Kenton & Orch. (from "West Side Story")
8. 77 Sunset Strip Cha Cha - Warren Barker
9. Daddy Long Legs - Leith Stevens & Orch. (from "Private Hell 36")
10. The Street - Elmer Bernstein (from "Sweet Smell of Success")
11. Richard Diamond - Buddy Morrow
12. Stu Bailey Blues - Warren Barker (from "77 Sunset Strip")
13. Peter Gunn - Quincy Jones
14. Echo Four-Two - Johnny Gregory & Orch.
15. Contract With Depravity - Kenyon Hopkins (from "The Hustler")
16. Riff Blues - Skip Martin
17. M Squad Theme - Stanley Wilson
18. Naked City - Mundell Lowe & His All Stars (from "TV Action Jazz")
Disc, box and inserts are in excellent condition.
Good luck bidders!
Winner can pay with PayPal, money order or personal check within 10 days. PayPal and money order payments will ship next business day, personal checks may take 7-10 days to clear. US & Canada bidders only, payment in US funds. Add $4.00 for Priority Mail or $2.00 for First Class. Insurance available for $1.30. See my other auctions and combine items to save on shipping.
Winning bidder, click here to pay with PayPal!